Prev: RE: [SGII] First SG2 game Next: [FT] MS Access

Re: Help for Oerjan

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@A...>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 02:05:24 -0400
Subject: Re: Help for Oerjan

Sounds like Oerjan (and several others...) need some help in vehicle
recognition.

My friend just bought himself "Jane's Tanks and Combat Vehicles
Recognition
Guide (fully updated second edition)"  Written by Christopher F Foss.

This book is about 1.25" thick, by 5" high, by 7.5" wide.  448 Pages.
Has
a contents table in front, and a glossary in back.

Each entry has two pages.  The first is filled with vehicle stats, key
recognition features, a couple of paragraphs of development info, a list
of
main varients, production status, and who made it.  (that is alot!)

The other page has one to four pictures or line drawings.

The vehicles are grouped into Tanks, Tracked APCs/Weapons Carriers, 4 x
4
Vehicles, 6 x 6 Vehicles, 8 x 8 Vehicles, and Self-Propelled Guns.

Sounds like a must have item for those "modern combat vehicles" fans.
Also
useable as a starting point for future armored vehicles designs...  (I
knew
I could work it in somewhere!)

(OH yes!  He bought it from the "Military Book Club".  They do have a
web
site BTW...8D)

Sorry about the shameless plug....seemed appropriate.  I have the "Narn
Bat
Squad's" emergency contact code...

Donald Hosford

Prev: RE: [SGII] First SG2 game Next: [FT] MS Access