Prev: Re: No name mail Next: Re: [SG] in seach of 15mm

Re: [SG] in seach of 15mm

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2000 14:36:15 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG] in seach of 15mm

On Sat, 7 Oct 2000 14:56:37 +0100, "Oerjan Ohlson"
<oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>
wrote:

>Allan Goodall wrote:
>
>>There's also the latest variant of the Leopard 2, the Leopard 2A5 KWS
>>II,
>
>IIRC both the Leo 2S (Strv 122) and the Leo 2A6 are later than the Leo
>2A5 KWS II - I *think* the Bundeswehr has accepted the Leo 2A6 for
>service now.

I didn't get a chance to view a lot of web sites. The couple I saw
suggested
that the 2A6 wasn't out yet. I bow to your superior knowledge!

>You Americans (yes, Canadians are Americans as well - North Americans,
>though not USAmericans) are lucky: where I live, gamers know what both
>US, UK, German, Swedish and (ex-)Soviet vehicles look like :-(

A word of warning, don't call a Canadian an "American". *LOL* We'll
accept
"North American" but "American" means someone from the United States of
America. *L* Don't call a Mexican and American either. *L*

To be honest, many Canadians recognize Leopard 1s as that's the MBT we
use. I
don't know if we took any of the early Leopard 2s, but as far as I know
we
don't have any 2A5s or later. We use M113s as our APC, so the Marder
isn't
recognized.

If you're interested, though, I find that a bit of kitbashing is enough
suspend people's disbelief. Even if they recognize my Sheridan kitbash
grav
tank as a Sheridan, it doesn't seem to be a problem.

>For 15mm vehicles though, what about Table Top Miniatures?

I'm not sure if I've seen them or not. There was someone at GenCon
selling
15mm sci-fi vehicles, but I was unimpressed with the detail adn the
design.
They seemed very "average". I decided a kitbashed Leopard looked better.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

Prev: Re: No name mail Next: Re: [SG] in seach of 15mm