Prev: RE: The GZG Digest V2 #131 Next: Re: [SG] in seach of 15mm

Re: [sg] Spider Drones

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 16:28:23 -0400
Subject: Re: [sg] Spider Drones

> Spider Drones:
> Spider Drones (SDs) are small autonomous robots. They
> compact into a disc or hexigon about 15-20cm in diameter.
> When deployed, they have 4 long legs that extend and give
> the SD a maximum ground clearance of 1.5m (usually
> maintains a clearance of 30cm-1m). SDs weigh about 2kg.

Three legs plus two manipulators, actually, and they're widely used by
the
Machine People (who are somewhat larger, 3 legged autonomous robots).
I've
been thinking about this for weeks now, if you're going to read my mind
you
might as well get the details.

I imagine Schoon has about finished drawing up plans for a Machine
People
ship, by now, so it will be superfluous for me to point out that they're
based on tetrahedral frameworks with spherical enclosures.

Prev: RE: The GZG Digest V2 #131 Next: Re: [SG] in seach of 15mm