Prev: Re:[OT] German 1848 Navy was: Pirates and Privateers Next: RE: [FT] various subsystems (alien)

Re: Pirates and Privateers (Kra'Vak Clan War)

From: Jon Davis <davisje@n...>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 05:40:48 -0400
Subject: Re: Pirates and Privateers (Kra'Vak Clan War)

Allan Goodall wrote:
> Now, this brings an interesting thing to mind as far as FT campaigns
are
> concerned. Most players tend towards military aggression when coming
up with
> reasons for wars between belligerents. In fact, most real world
reasons are
> political. Internal fractures within a political body can make for
interesting
> scenarios. I'd like to see more of this in the official timeline.
Perhaps the
> ESU splinters. Maybe a Kra'vak clan war kicks in. For that matter,
even the
> Phalons might splinter. It would make for an interesting situation.
You want
> to use those neat UN ships? How about putting them between two
different ESU
> factions.

Thse situations do make for interesting scenarios.  It is also a unit
balancing
mechanism for the scenario designer, since only one set of units, be it
starships
or vehicles, need to be designed.

I have some ideas for Second American Civil War scenarios for Dirtside,
but
I haven't done much beyond designing vehicles for the US in that time
period.

This scenario is about two years old and was prepared for an early ECC,
but was
not run as a convention event.	We did run it as a playtest game and it
was a
bloody game.  The units are based on the More Thrust ships.

-----

A Family Crisis

A three player Full Thrust scenario

Background:

The war with the Humans has run into difficulties and the lead War
Family Voc'Tcha and its leader, Va'Ksha'Voc have come under increasing
scrutiny.  Ra'Chak'Voc of the War Family Voc'San and Di'Soo'Voc of the
War Family Voc'Xik have allied themselves for the purposes of killing
Va'Ksha'Voc and assuming leadership of the Kra'Vak.  Both leaders have
their own ambitions to achieve once Va'Ksha has been eliminated.

War Family Voc'Tcha

1 x SDN  - Yu'Bakh (Thrust 4 variant)	    936 pts.
1 x BC	 - Ti'Jek			    446 pts.
2 x CA	 - Va'Zem, Va'Klic		    620 pts.
2 x PC	 - Si'Tek, Si'Pic		    484 pts.
4 x DD	 - Di'Gik, Di'Don, Di'Dak, Di'Vin   456 pts.
					  ----------
					   2942 pts.

War Family Voc'San

1 x BDN  - Lo'Von			    662 pts.
1 x CA	 - Va'Hin			    310 pts.
2 x DD	 - Di'Pin, Di'Kin		    228 pts.
					  ----------
					   1200 pts.

War Family Voc'Xik

1 x BB	 - Ko'Jok			    566 pts.
1 x CA	 - Va'Xik			    310 pts.
1 x PC	 - Si'Don			    242 pts.
2 x DD	 - Di'Vom, Di'Dom		    228 pts.
					  ----------
					   1366 pts.

Setup:
    Define a center point for the setup.  War Family Voc'Tcha sets
    up at the 6 o'clock location, course 12, velocity 12 at distance
    36" from the center point.

    Roll D12 for War Family Voc'San.  This position must be at least
    three clock points away from the 6 o'clock position. Arbitrary
    course, initial speed 12 at distance 36" from the center point.

    Roll D12 for War Family Voc'Xik.  This position must be at least
    three clock points away from the 6 o'clock position and two clock
    points from the War Family Voc'San position. Arbitrary course,
    initial speed 12 at distance 36" from the center point.

Special Rules:
    Scatterpacks deduct the armor value from the attack in anti-ship
    mode, with a minimum of one point of damage.

    Fighters may begin the game launched.

Victory Conditions:

    War Family Voc'Tcha:  Destroy both flagships of the opposing
			  War Families.

    War Family Voc'San:   Allied victory - Destroy the Yu'Bakh SDN.
			  Sole victory	 - Destroy the Yu'Bakh SDN
					   and the Lo'Von BDN.

    War Family Voc'Xik:   Allied victory - Destroy the Yu'Bakh SDN.
			  Sole victory	 - Destroy the Yu'Bakh SDN
					   and the Ko'Jok BB.

Prev: Re:[OT] German 1848 Navy was: Pirates and Privateers Next: RE: [FT] various subsystems (alien)