Prev: Re: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG) Next: RE: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG)

Re: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG)

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 08:06:59 -0400
Subject: Re: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG)

>  >Alarishi troops tend to fight inside, or on the surface of
>  >whatever body they happen to be on.  So urban would work, and
so
>  >would Lunar dust.  My question was not "what environment" but
>  >"how to simulate".
>
> Are you using slotter bases or something else of that size?
Doesn't really
> matter, just the bigger the base the more you can do with it
(obviously).

SG NSL PA have bases which are part of the figure, perhaps 1.5cm
across.  For three of the figures, the feet are fairly close
together so I can't get too fancy.

> a) flock base with sand or fine saw dust

Does that mean "paint base with white glue and then pour sand on
it"?  Or is there some better technique?

> If want to get really fancy, then you can edge the card at step
a) so that
> get that lip most concrete blocks have around them, or you can
scratch in
> handprints, "xx loves yy", "blah blah wuz here" etc into the
card so when
> wash it looks like the usual grafitti you see in concrete, etc.
Maybe a few
> wisps of grass coming up through a crack, depends on how
adventurous you
> feel ;)
>
> How's that for a start?

(small voice) I'll go back to starships now...	<g>

Prev: Re: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG) Next: RE: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG)