Prev: Re: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG) Next: Re: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG)

Re: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG)

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 16:53:06 +1000
Subject: Re: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG)

G'day

 >Alarishi troops tend to fight inside, or on the surface of
 >whatever body they happen to be on.  So urban would work, and so
 >would Lunar dust.  My question was not "what environment" but
 >"how to simulate".

Are you using slotter bases or something else of that size? Doesn't
really
matter, just the bigger the base the more you can do with it
(obviously).

You could try

1: Moon dust.

a) flock base with sand or fine saw dust\
b) stick on small pieces of kitty litter (clean obviously, before all
you
smart alecs start up) or small stones
c) when dry paint over all of it with a medium to dark grey (if medium
may
also want to do a fairly watery black wash),
d) when dry dry brush with increasingly lighter shades of grwy through
to white

2: Asteroid/Mars - as for Moon dust but with browns/red-orange instead
of
greys and whites.

3. Urban
a) Cut piece of fine card into squarish shapes and stick tile like on
base
(some will have to be cut smaller than others so look like they're under

the feet and others will obviously extend over the edge of the base and
so
will also need trimming). If you want great concrete slabs like footpath

rather than tiled then maybe two pieces would do instead (so can see
join
in concrete slabs but not heaps of tiles).
b) Paint them medium to light grey if doing concrete or maybe
reddy-brown
if terracotta (spelling?) tiles etc
c) If light colour used in b) then do THIN black wash (want just enough
pick out groove between concrete slabs/tiles)
d) Drybrush with lighter grey/red-brown depending on whether doing
concrete
or tiles
If want to get really fancy, then you can edge the card at step a) so
that
get that lip most concrete blocks have around them, or you can scratch
in
handprints, "xx loves yy", "blah blah wuz here" etc into the card so
when
wash it looks like the usual grafitti you see in concrete, etc. Maybe a
few
wisps of grass coming up through a crack, depends on how adventurous you

feel ;)

How's that for a start?

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG) Next: Re: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG)