Prev: Re: small vs large ships Next: Re: [FT] Phalon pics!

Re: small vs large ships

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 10:03:32 -0400
Subject: Re: small vs large ships

Andrew Apter wrote:

> I have found that only SML's and Needle beams are more effective
against
> large ships. You can overwhelm a ships fire controls with numbers in
some
> cases but coordinating a massive number of ships often allows defeat
in
> detail.

If you do this, go to extremes.  Don't mix high damage weapons and
needls
beams.	Go with only needle beams or only SML's (I prefer pulse
torpedoes).
Why?  You need to hit him with either massive damage or shoot out his
fire
controls and FTL and main drives.  Combining weapons in you fleet of
small
craft means you won't have enough to do either.  I know.  I tried it and
failed miserable...

IAS

Prev: Re: small vs large ships Next: Re: [FT] Phalon pics!