Prev: Re: Salvo missile escalation Next: Re: [DS2] Grav dropped vehicles...

Re: [DS2] Grav dropped vehicles...

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 16:44:08 -0400
Subject: Re: [DS2] Grav dropped vehicles...

Hi, Brian.

"Bell, Brian K" wrote:

> 3) Grav units are as restricted as any other vehicle in drops.
> PSB: same as #2, but with a far greater diminishing returns curve.

    This is how I've always thought of grav units.  I consider them to
be repulsor technology, like the land speeders or speeder bike in the
Star Wars films.  In DS2, there are no rules for high mode grav
vehicles.  The description of grav vehicles in the movement section,
p25, identifies grav vehicles as "Grav" or "Mag-Rep" and "travelling a
few metres off the surface."
    From that description, we can assume that 5 meters would be the
absolute maximum altitude at which a grav vehicle may operate.	Pop-up
attacks seem unlikely with that low altitude, especially when the scale
of DS2 is considered.  It also seems unlikely that a grav vehicle would
be able to drop from orbit.
    Does anyone else see the image of a Colonel Carlson saying, "As God
is my witness, I thought grav tanks could be dropped from orbit." <g>

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

To see a World in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And Eternity in an hour.
 -William Blake

http://www.pantheism.net/

Prev: Re: Salvo missile escalation Next: Re: [DS2] Grav dropped vehicles...