Prev: Custom Miniatures Next: Re: DSII: Parachute deployed vehicles...

DSII: Parachute deployed vehicles...

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 18:28:10 -0400
Subject: DSII: Parachute deployed vehicles...

In this months issue Armed Forces Journal, there is an artical about a
company developing a system for parachute deployment of vehicles with
the crews on board.  They have currently conduct over two dozen tests
with 4 wheel ATV's and would like to test deploying HUMMV's...	The U.S.
military isn't currently interested, but the Eqyptians are somewhat
intersted.  The ATV manufactures freek out when they here about thier
ATV's being driven out the back of an airplane 25,000 ft. in the air...
The deployment system uses a ram parachute, so they can manuever in the
air.

This could make for neat new scenarios and tactics for DSII.  For
assault purposes, you would only need dropships for big stuff, size 5
and probably size 4.  Size 3 and smaller
could be parachuted in with the crews on board...  I wonder how much
trouble a half dozen NAC Paladins, Hoplites, Hunters, and Defenders
could stir up if I parachuted them in behind enemy lines...

IAS

Prev: Custom Miniatures Next: Re: DSII: Parachute deployed vehicles...