Prev: RE: Fleet Design (was: Target rich system) Next: RE: [FT][computer] Has anyone considered...

Player Profile Page - RSVP SVP (Off-List!)

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 09:19:32 -0400
Subject: Player Profile Page - RSVP SVP (Off-List!)

Okay,

1) Jerry, I'm not sure this info necessarily goes with player location
(or
has to, at any rate), but I think said page should have a link to it
(ergo
it will in-effect be part of same) - so a link can be provided to the PL
people (Mark?)

2) Allan, you and I can be the mirrors for this Player Profile Page
(that's
my new name). You and I can work together on this off list - I'll
provide a
place to aim these mails for collection/editing/webifying and then we'll
work together to get this up and mirrorred.

******
BEFORE reading #3 - keep in mind we don't want to flood the list!

So, why don't you post your individual Bios to kaladorn@fox.nstn.ca or
tomb@bitheads.com (if the first one gives you any problems)?  I will
collect
them and webify with Allan's Help.
*******

3) I'd suggest the following info be on there:

<All fields supplied at players whim>

- real name (Chris DeBoe)
- handle on the list (Laserlight)
- birthdate (better than age, because it isn't indexed to when it was
enterred)
- email handle (I will mangle all of these such that bots should not
pick
them up - maybe embed GZG-L in the middle)
- current location (city, but could include full address but that is
more
the province of PL pages)
- Years on GZG-L (this list, or its predecessor)
- Gaming interests (should quote years involved)
	- GZG gaming interests (SG2, FMASkirmish, FT, FTFB, DS2, etc.)
	- non-GZG gaming interests (ASL, AD&D, etc)
- Gaming contributions
	- web pages you run
	- contributions to playtest of games
	- general areas of contribution to the hobby
- RealWorld(TM) Job
	- what I do
	- for who (if I can tell it)
	- what that involves
- Former (or current) service (mostly relevant on this list as trivia
but
also as a validation of know-what-you-speak)
	- years in
	- job
- Education
	- where
	- what
	- how long
- Authors read/recommended	(just a fun bit, we all like to discuss)
- Favorite game

Eventually, there could be an automated submission form on the web to
allow
new people to submit their info to the editor. I don't think I'd choose
have a web form to enter data because that opens one up to some
web-clown
messing up our Player Profile Page.

So, look at the questions above, and send me your Bios. For the record,
Laserlight was first off the mark!

Thomas R. S. Barclay
Voice: (613) 722-3232 ext 349
e-mail: tomb@bitheads.com

Prev: RE: Fleet Design (was: Target rich system) Next: RE: [FT][computer] Has anyone considered...