Prev: GZGECC (was: [OT] Starship - perhaps a last thought?) Next: JUMP: into the unknown

Re: Star Wars a la Stargrunt?

From: Kevin Balentine <kevinbalentine@y...>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 07:10:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Star Wars a la Stargrunt?

> > It's funny but the Action Fleet Snow speeders are
> in the right scale for
> > attacking the 3 3/4 figure scale ATAT but I can't
> think of a senario where
> > the rebel troops have a chance in hell...  I mean
> how do you model the tow
> > line attack in StarGrunt?

How about this method (totally unplaytested, but it
might work).

1. The tow line attack takes both snowspeeder actions.

2. The target must be in the first range band,
unmodified by target size. The size of the legs of an
AT-AT and the velocity of the speeder combined mean
you don't get the benefits of the target size. If the
pilot is a regular, he's got to get within eight
inches of the target.

3. To hit the target, it's quality of the speeder vs.
quality of the AT-AT, straight up. That's the first
action.

4. The second action, the wrap and release, requires
another quality roll, but the speeder's quality is
doubled, ie a Regular 2 must beat a 4 on a d8. It
takes a lot of nerve to wrap that sucker up.

If successful, the AT-AT would be disabled.

If not successful, get your light saber out and plant
a grenade in its belly.

Kevin

http://mail.yahoo.com/

Prev: GZGECC (was: [OT] Starship - perhaps a last thought?) Next: JUMP: into the unknown