Prev: Re: [OT] FreiKorps Next: RE: Gencon UK 2000 Results

RE: Gencon UK 2000 Results

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 07:40:45 -0400
Subject: RE: Gencon UK 2000 Results

This is what I did 2 almost 2 years ago at the GZGECC.
I provided each player a numbered "flag". Player 2 targeted player 1,
player
3 targeted player 2, ... player 1 targeted the last player.

It seemed to work fairly well, but took longer than expected.

The advantage is that it cannot fall into a furball. The disadvantage is
that everyone has to wait on everyone else for the turn phase to end
(write
orders, fighter movement, etc.).

At the upcomming GZGECC I think that I will limit the number of people
to a
power of 2 (2, 4, 8, or 16). This allows me to pair them off without any
player geting a "buy" or "pass". This also allows individual battles to
proceed at different speeds (and rewards fast play).

However, if the CanAm battle is held (a Bring Your Own Fleet type of
game),
I may run a set scenario instead.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/
-----

Prev: Re: [OT] FreiKorps Next: RE: Gencon UK 2000 Results