Prev: RE: [FT] [OT?] Has anyone considered... Next: Re: Anyone out there?

Re: [FT] [OT?] Has anyone considered...

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: 06 Sep 2000 16:07 GMT
Subject: Re: [FT] [OT?] Has anyone considered...

>Absender: tomb@bitheads.com
> ....doing full 3D FT on a computer? The weapon ranges and stuff all
> give themselves to easy 3D. Firing arcs might be a pain. You'd have >
to "encase" your ship in a polygon (12 sider?) and decide which
> weapons can fire through which arcs. Maybe a 12 sider would be good
> because you could just multiply the arcs x2 (6-->12). You'd have to
> reassign them obviously, but you ought to be able to come close.

Note that a regular 12-sided polygon (a dodekahedron) has rather
non-intuitive 5-cornered faces. Just look at a D12 in your dice box.

I would consider a more gamer-friendly distribution: present arcs
extended to something like 45 degrees up- and downwards plus arcs to
cover
the top/bottom, e.g.up forward, up rear, down forward, down rear, or
even
just up/down.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: RE: [FT] [OT?] Has anyone considered... Next: Re: Anyone out there?