Prev: 2300AD Ships Next: Re: [FT] [OT?] Has anyone considered...

RE: [FT] [OT?] Has anyone considered...

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 11:58:07 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT] [OT?] Has anyone considered...

I considered this for a while.

Each ship would have an x,y,z location.

Each ship would have a 360x,360y,360(roll) facing.

Each ship would have a 360x,360y,Velocity course.

Fire arcs would each gain a "free" arc of elevation (either 0 to +30 or
-30) to define the "cone" of the weapon. There would also be 2
additional
arcs (straight up and straight down). This forms the aforementioned 12
sided
polygon (with a flat edge forward. You could place a flat FACE forward,
but
it makes it more difficult to visualize the other arcs and they don't
line
up with existing arcs).

Movement orders would include: Thrust (MD), Yaw, Climb/Descent, Roll,
Push.
Yaw, Climb/Descent, and roll are best described in +/- clockface terms.
Thrust and Push as thrust along a direction (6 points forward; 1 point
up
and 1 point port).

Three FTMaps would have to be generated (x,y; x,z; y,z). And ship
outlines
would not be presented in perspective. Roll would not be able to be
captured
by FTMap.

I decided that I did not have the math ability to do this.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/