Prev: RE: JUMP Next: Re: JUMP

Re: Stellar Diplomacy

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@A...>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 03:26:52 -0400
Subject: Re: Stellar Diplomacy

I have Stellar Conquest, but I have never seen Diplomacy...
Has anyone here have/played both games?

I can comment on SC.

It is an "explore the universe/colonize/build ships/research tech" game.

Aside from that the players are free to make/break deals...:-)
The map is a hexagonal map (32 x 20) with 54 stars.  There are 8
gas/dust clouds.
The map scale is 1/8th of a light-year.
The stars are divided into 5 different colors (spectrum based).  There
are 78 star cards.  (when a star is explored, you draw a card from the
proper color pile)

The ship counters number 520.

Over all, the game is worth the cost.  Play it as intended, or use the
components for any other strategic game.

Donald Hosford

Laserlight wrote:

> [...]

Prev: RE: JUMP Next: Re: JUMP