Prev: Now see what you made me do... Next: Re: (EFSB) wanted:pdf file of ship control sheets

Re: Stellar Diplomacy

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 20:51:40 -0400
Subject: Re: Stellar Diplomacy

> Sounds like a good start.  What would be the basis for
movement, something like
> the old StarForce map?  Or a mapless system?
>
> Michael Brown

Since I haven't seen StarForce, I can't say.

Let's say "area" based movement.  On Earth you'd have, say:
NAC: Eastern North America, North American Pacific Rim, SW North
Am, UK.
EU: Central Europe, Western Europe, Scandinavia, Italy/Balkans
ESU: Northern China, Southern China, Siberia, Urals, N India, S
India
Japan: Japan.
IC: Indonesia, Indochina
IF: Middle East, North Africa
OU: Australia, NZ
PAU: West Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa
LLAR: Central America, Northern SAmerica, Southern S America.

Then for each star system, you'd have, for example, 2d6 areas
available, but you wouldn't know how many until you got there.
Of course, it's cheaper to expand a colony you've already got
than to start in a completely new system.  If we're saying 1 turn
per 2 years, then you wouldn't really have to worry about travel
time.

Prev: Now see what you made me do... Next: Re: (EFSB) wanted:pdf file of ship control sheets