Prev: [FT] Vector v Cinematic Poll Results Next: Re:FT Quick Reference Sheet for Newbies

Re: Shuttles and ship's small craft

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 21:58:52 -0400
Subject: Re: Shuttles and ship's small craft

Jarrard, Jonathan (J.) wrote:

> Actually, I am far more concerned with ground-to-orbit interface
capability,
> unless you assume that most planets have transit stations, or ships
are
> equipped with teleporters.

Transist stations.  Otherwise you have frieghters with areospace
shuttles, this
makes for very expensive (read un-profitable) merchant ships.  Afterall,
how
often are those shuttles going be used during the trip?  Only at each
end.  The
rest of the time they would just sit idle...  If you have transit
stations,
those shuttles would be used for every non-atmospheric ship.

IAS

Prev: [FT] Vector v Cinematic Poll Results Next: Re:FT Quick Reference Sheet for Newbies