Prev: RE: Unit Activation and Comms Quality (was RE: [SG2] [FMA] [Am I the last one to use tags?] Comms Quality ) Next: Re: [SG2] [FMA] Commo Chits

Andromeda Ascendant

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@n...>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 15:10:33 -0500
Subject: Andromeda Ascendant

You may have heard of the new series debuting later this year called
'Andromeda' staring Kevin Sorbo and based off of some concepts from Gene
Roddenberry.

They finally unveiled the main ship, the Andromeda Ascendant.  Pics are
available here:
http://www.andromedatv.com/anpics.html

Also I found some interesting bits of info about the series on space.com

Space.Com: You go into great detail about the relative strength of ships
and
their armaments. It reminds me of manuals for some roleplaying games. I
easily see this as the basis of a great strategy/simulation game. What
sort
of influence has gaming had in designing this universe?

Co-Exec Producer RHW: Well, some of our writers and our technical
consultant
played a lot of strategy games in our college days. Again, strategy and
tactics aren't the primary emphasis of the show, but we do want to give
our
ships and space combat a realistic feel.

and in another article

RHW: One of our first episodes is, "here’s how space combat works in
our
universe," and we sort of lay it out there. And we needed to do that.
But it
’s not like we sit down and stop the movie and say, "that person out
there
shooting us is bad, and they have this technology and we have that
technology and this is why their technology is giving our technology
problems." We just play the scenes and sprinkle in the exposition a
little
bit.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/
star_ranger@my-deja.com