Prev: Re: EW Activation Next: Andromeda Ascendant

RE: Unit Activation and Comms Quality (was RE: [SG2] [FMA] [Am I the last one to use tags?] Comms Quality )

From: agoodall@c...
Date: 31 Aug 2000 13:05:05 -0700
Subject: RE: Unit Activation and Comms Quality (was RE: [SG2] [FMA] [Am I the last one to use tags?] Comms Quality )

On Thu, 31 August 2000, "Bell, Brian K" wrote:

> [Bri] I will bow to experience.

Actually, I see your point about the 1 CP chit because it shouldn't be
used to affect only specific communication attempts. But I'm pretty sure
that I've changed my mind and would go with the die shift idea. *S*

>[Bri] Am I wrong on how support/heavy weapons fire is handled as well?
If a
> unit has 8 soldiers (7 with assault rifles and 1 with a SAW) and comes
into
> a cross-fire and the SAW gunner chooses a different target than the
rest of
> the unit, does it take a separate action for him to fire? If so, then
the
> SAW gunner would not be able to select a different target (as the unit
has
> spent one action on movement).

If you want to fire at two different targets with a unit, even if you
are firing at one target with a SAW and another with the other troopers,
requires 2 actions, one fire action per target. So, in your example, you
could move the squad with the first action and then do any one of the
following: a) fire the entire unit at one target, b) or fire all of the
unit minus the SAW at a target, c) or fire the SAW at a target.

Note that each figure may only fire ONCE per activation.

> [Bri] Again, I will bow to experience. Perhaps I have played
incorrectly. I
> had a mid-tier command unit (call him Lt. since I can't remember the
rank)
> move to support an attack by a unit under them (call it Unit B), the
rest of
> the unit used suppressing/harassing fire while the Lt. used a comm
action to
> reactivate Unit B. Again, I may have played this incorrectly, but it
seemed
> a logical thing for the Command Unit to do.

I don't believe that's allowed. Firing the squad takes one action,
having the commander activate another squad is another action. That's
the squad's entire two actions.

Allan Goodall - agoodall@canada.com

Prev: Re: EW Activation Next: Andromeda Ascendant