Prev: Re: [FT] Questions from a new Full Thrust player Next: Re: [OT] [gzg hist] UN Covert Ops

Re: [FT] Questions from a new Full Thrust player

From: agoodall@c...
Date: 31 Aug 2000 07:49:03 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT] Questions from a new Full Thrust player

On Wed, 30 August 2000, John Leary wrote:

> Not only do we do, simultaneous damage, but we
> move by thrust value order (1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8).
> To cause an 8.7 Shudder, I'll say we shoot in
> reverse thrust order. (8/7, 6/5, 4/3, 2/1)

Hmmm. Now that I think about it, the worst combination is written
movement and simultaneous damage. What you're doing is different. You've
taken away the tension of which ship to fire first and replaced it with
which ship to move first, within a movement category.

One thing, though, how do you handle the SV? I'm guessing you don't. I
could see the SV having a big advantage in your system. By simply
assigning at least 9 movement points, each SV ship would get to move
after all your other ships.

Still, I can see this being a not bad system if you really want to speed
things up. Why the requirement of the reverse thrust order? Why not let
players decide which ships to move first?

Allan Goodall - agoodall@canada.com

Prev: Re: [FT] Questions from a new Full Thrust player Next: Re: [OT] [gzg hist] UN Covert Ops