Prev: RE: Shuttles and ship's small craft Next: Re: [FT] Questions from a new Full Thrust player

Re: [FT] vector point balance

From: agoodall@c...
Date: 31 Aug 2000 07:32:35 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT] vector point balance

On Wed, 30 August 2000, Beth Fulton wrote:

> As long as you're not mixing cinematic and vector movement in the one
game
> I wouldn't worry (even if you were I probably wouldn't worry). The
extra
> arcs are important to the owning ships even in vector...

And another thing. In your poll, Beth, about how many turns a game lasts
in cinematic versus vector, it seems that vector games are shorter once
the shooting starts. I suspect that vector games get ships "mixing it
up" more readily. As such, I would argue that missing a firing
opportunity is MORE of an issue in vector than cinematic.

If cinematic games last roughly 6 games after engagement, and vector
lasts 3, missing one turn of firing because of bad fire arcs means
you've lost 1/6 of your firing chances in cinematic but 1/3 in vector.

I haven't played enough vector to know, but it would seem that you could
make single fire arc ships hurt with proper planning and movement, even
in vector.

Allan Goodall - agoodall@canada.com

Prev: RE: Shuttles and ship's small craft Next: Re: [FT] Questions from a new Full Thrust player