Prev: Re: DragonFlight 2000 Next: Re: DragonFlight 2000

Re: [FT] Questions from a new Full Thrust player

From: Corey Burger <burgundavia@c...>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 22:31:58 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT] Questions from a new Full Thrust player

>1) Where exactly are the advanced fighter rules?  (ie, torpedo,
>interceptors)	Are they in FB2, or is More Thrust still in production?
(I
>have FT and FB1)

[C]The advanced fighter types should be in FT1. I think, not having a
copy
in front of me right now.

>2) What sort of size fleet are people normally playing?  We've played a
>2000 and 3000 pts per side (2 players per side) game, and are leaning
>towards 2000 each person.  What has people's experience been for
'ideal'
>size fleets?

[C]We tend to lean towards to 1500 or so points a piece, using fairly
standard FT1/2 fleets and stuff. Stiltman uses much much bigger fleets
but
chops out huge amounts of the paperwork that is associated with big
fleets.
(and large amounts of fighters) No real fleet size is ideal but around
1500-2000 seems to work for a small game of 3-4 people to be completed
in
2-3 hours.

On another note, our gaming group has decided to go with simulateanious
damage because this seems, IHMO, to even out the problems of the random
cards and speeds game play up by not having to roll several thresholds
if
it dies in that turn anyway.

>3) Has anyone had any luck basing Superior minis on flight stands?
Some of
>them would seem well-nigh impossible (Galactic Dreadnought-sized), but
the
>destroyers and destroyer leaders seem possible.
>(http://www.stellargames.com/sfwars-prices.htm)

[C]To base ships, I use a 1 and 1/4 inch washer with a 1/4 hole and find
some appropriatly sized nails. Paint black, and them on a piece of paper
draw out the forward position of the ship and the arcs, and then place
the
black base with ship attached upon the paper, by the drawing and simply
paint the arcs on. Saves having to measure each time

>4) Will there be a FT 3d edition anytime soon, or a FB3?

[C]Talk to Jon

>5) What sort of success have people had with the NAC?	(my most likely
>fleet choice, using Superior minis)

[C]We usually run custom fleets.

>6) Just how unbalancing, if at all, have people found DIY fleets from
FT1?

[C]See above, and no, if designs are kept within limits. Make sure that
nobody exploits the breakpoints like using 101 mass points just for the
extra crew factor and the like.

Comments marked

Corey

-----
Email:burgundavia@crosswinds.net
Website:burgundavia.f2s.com

I think it would be superfluous in me to point out to your lordship that
this is a war
	Charles Francis Adams

Prev: Re: DragonFlight 2000 Next: Re: DragonFlight 2000