Prev: Re: [FT] Questions from a new Full Thrust player Next: Re: [FT] Questions from a new Full Thrust player

Re: DragonFlight 2000

From: Kevin Walker <sage@b...>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 20:43:25 -0500
Subject: Re: DragonFlight 2000

on 8/29/00 18:15, Brian Burger at yh728@victoria.tc.ca wrote:

> It was a great con - seemed a bit quieter than last year, but still
lots
> of interesting games & people. Good to meet some more listmembers, as
> well.

Stop that.  Now you're making me regret my decision to not fly out to
Dragonflight this year.

> Vector is so much more flexible - you can be scooting along in one
> direction and firing in another direction entirely. It 'feels' more
like
> space combat to me - FT with cinematic felt much like the ACW naval
game
> I'd played earlier in the convention, not really like a space game...
> personal thing, I know, but I do prefer vector.

Another thing I like about vector is fast ships still have an advantage
but
anyone with main drives (well thrusters in this case) can spin around so
getting into a ships rear arc may still be possible but staying there in
the
following turns takes finesse.

> For 'challenging' - try getting a ship or squadron thru an asteroid
field
> using vector! We've even done some vector orbital stuff, and that's
enough
> fun to make the combat nearly superflous. Watching a big SDN spiral up
out
> of low orbit is pretty cool.

So how do you determine whether you've navigate the field properly (I'm
curious about the method here)?  Do you see if a straight line from the
starting point of movement and the ending point of movement intersects
an
obstacle that's hazardous to it's longevity?

Kevin Walker
sage@bresnanlink.net

Prev: Re: [FT] Questions from a new Full Thrust player Next: Re: [FT] Questions from a new Full Thrust player