Prev: Re: Dodgy Arithmetic or bug? Next: Re: [FT] Mounting Fighters

Re: Assembling Phalons?

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 16:28:15 -0400
Subject: Re: Assembling Phalons?

On Sun, 27 Aug 2000 10:30:49 -0700, Mark Reindl <mreindl@pacbell.net>
wrote:

>I'm putting some Phalon ships together for a friend of mine and noticed
>that the larger ships have no mounting holes for stands.  Where is the
>best location to mount them to the ship stand?

Note, I haven't seen the Phalon ships up close. However, I did run into
something similar with some FSE ships.

The best place for a single stand is at the centre of gravity. Balance
the
mini on your finger, or whatever (using the other hand to steady it) and
find
the rough centre of mass. This may not be on the ship's centre line, but
that
will be the best place to drill the hole.

If you have a large ship, consider two stands (as I have done with my
FSE
SDN). In this case, the location of the stands isn't that important.
Find the
centre mark, and then mount the stands along a straight line, one at the
rear
of the model, one at the front.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

Prev: Re: Dodgy Arithmetic or bug? Next: Re: [FT] Mounting Fighters