Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Next: Re: Sa'Vasku

RE: Sa'Vasku

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 12:22:05 -0400
Subject: RE: Sa'Vasku

I have not heard back any playtests, but I like the idea of making the
stingers equivilent to Beams based on power. Power to equivlent Beam is
2^(x-1) where x is the Beam Class number.

Power	 Dice at Range
	  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 Range Band
	 12  24  36  48  60  72  84 Range
 1	  1
 2	  2   1
 4	  3   2   1
 8	  4   3   2   1
16	  5   4   3   2   1
32	  6   5   4   3   2   1
64	  7   6   5   4   3   2   1

Comared to now:
Power	 Dice at Range
	  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 Range Band
	 12  24  36  48  60  72  84 Range
 1	  1
 2	  2   1
 4	  4   2   1
 8	  8   4   2   1
16	 16   8   4   2   1
32	 32  16   8   4   2   1
64	 64  32  16   8   4   2   1

This does not solve the problem of long range sniping, but does solve
the
problem of being overpowering in close. Is will also encourage custom
designs to spend mass on multiple stingers as 2 shots from a power 8
stinger
will do more damage than a 16 power stinger at the same range.

And I agree, power for the spicule should come from the 'D' pool.

-----
Brian Bell
brian_bell@dscc.dla.mil
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/