Prev: Re: Campaign ideas? Next: Re: Sa'Vasku

Sa'Vasku

From: "michael.flavin" <michael.flavin@n...>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 08:41:16 +0100
Subject: Sa'Vasku

I was looking at the the FB2 Sa'vasku designs and two things struck me.
First, assuming the SDN (for example), wants to manouver at say three or
use
shields (depending if fighting kra'vak or Human / Phalon) and have some
energy for repairs or PDS it can't actually do more than 5 dice at class
three range or 20 dice at class 1 range, which is no more than a Human
SDN
would do at these ranges.  So the trick is not to let them get too close
or
too far away, which is impossible with thier advanced drives which
brings me
on to the next point...

Sa'Vasku dont pay any extra for thier advanced drives, just 2 points per
tonne as the other non advanced drive races, so I think the way to do it
is
to make the Sa'Vasku drives standard so they can't do some of the mad
manouvers that they can at the moment and leave thier weapons as is.

This also makes Kra'Vak more evenly matached against them, who I think
are
balanced against the other races except FSE and Phalon of course, cos
thier
missiles and plasma bolts cant hit them for toffee :(

BTW has anyone tried the 8/16/24... ranges for Sa'Vasku?  I have
witnessed a
battle between Sa'vasku frigate and human frigate and found the Sa'Vasku
disadvantaged because the NAC frigate could fire on and damage the
Sa'Vasku
ship before the Sa'Vasku could get into range to do any real damage
itself.

And in a a battle between a Sa'Vasku DDH, an NAC frigate and two Phalon
DDHs, the result was the destruction of the frigate by the Phalons as it
tried to flee and the annilation of the Sa'Vasku when it cought up with
the
chasing Phaslons.  One Phalon took armour damage.

Mike Flavin

'BAN ADVANCED DRIVES' capaigner for FT

Prev: Re: Campaign ideas? Next: Re: Sa'Vasku