Prev: Re: Subject: [CON] Dragonflight in Seattle Next: [FT] Demo and Tournament Games

Re: Dragonflight

From: "W. Nitsche" <bnitsche@u...>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 09:59:24 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Dragonflight

> The Dragonflight Con in Seattle is the weekend of Aug 25-27. Are there
> any FTer's on the list who are going to this con?

> Hmmmm.  What's at the Con?  I'm in Portland, which means I'm within
> striking distance of the thing if there was something fun enough to
> make it worth my while.

www.dragonflight.org is the official site.  It has general information
as
well as a Word file containing the pre-convention schedule.  From
personal
experience, the number of events actually run will be at least
doubled.  There are always a few starship mini games run during the
convention, and Geo-hex usually has a presence (KR usually shows
up).

Dragonflight is a general games convention, which means every genre has
significant presence with plenty of space.  Miniatures and boardgames
each
have large rooms; RPGs take up a floor or two of dorm rooms; CCGs get
half
the cafeteria; computer games get the basement (which makes it the most
comfortable place to be during Seattle's warmest month).  The nice thing
is that Dragonflight isn't TOO large (if I remember my numbers correctly
it averages about 700+ attendees) so finding space in an event is
usually
fairly easy, but it's large enough to have a good variety.  It's also a
fairly cheap convention to go to, with a convention rate of $35-ish and
cheap (if spartan) dorm rooms available.  Even though I live in the city
rent a room.

A temporally displaced		Bill Nitsche (bnitsche@u.washington.edu)
	hobbit			Oceanography, University of Washington

Prev: Re: Subject: [CON] Dragonflight in Seattle Next: [FT] Demo and Tournament Games