Prev: Snips... Re: [CON] [LONG] GenCon Report Next: Re: Subject: [CON] Dragonflight in Seattle

Re: [OT] 15mm Samurai (was RE: Historic/fantasy conversions for SG2?)

From: Aron_Clark@d...
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 09:13:17 -0700
Subject: Re: [OT] 15mm Samurai (was RE: Historic/fantasy conversions for SG2?)

> Mostly just samurai related stuff. Samurai morale and command control
was
> radically different from anything else that ever existed pretty much
anywhere.

I was attempting to imply this by suggesting other rule sets for this
period.
To get the right "feel" of feudal Japan in a wargame has been very
difficult.
Others have been right by suggesting that DBR is a tactical set, and
that Road
to Osaka isn't all that hot (though there may be interesting ideas here,
as well
as pitfalls to avoid).	I believe Takio is tactical or skirmish, though
I've
only read a detailed review and observed a game at a convention.

I think it's great if someone wants to convert SG / FMA to the Samurai
period.
Again I'll only suggest that you explore what others have done with this
period
so you have the best set possible.  Research, research, research, the
historical
wargamer's anthem.

Allan Goodall <awg@sympatico.ca> on 08/15/2000 06:39:35 PM

Please respond to gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

To:   gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Aron Clark/AM/Avid)
Subject:  Re: [OT] 15mm Samurai (was RE: Historic/fantasy conversions
for SG2?)

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000 16:52:20 +1200, Andrew Martin <Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz>
wrote:

>I think my Simply Skirmish covers a lot of Samurai skirmish. I'm
interested
>in seeing what's missing, so that I can extend Simply Skirmish to cover
it.