Prev: Robotech style miniatures? Next: Re: [OT] 15mm Samurai (was RE: Historic/fantasy conversions for SG2?)

Snips... Re: [CON] [LONG] GenCon Report

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 06:44:05 -0500
Subject: Snips... Re: [CON] [LONG] GenCon Report

Well, once again, I attend a GenCon without playing a single GZG game; I
had volunteered for part of the time events were happening, and just
lost
track of time in other cases. Or, you can claim 'cowardice'...

***
Once again, no one was selling "Fantasy Rules!" in the Exhibit Hall...
***

I saw a copy SOMEWHERE, but it certainly was a hard find.

***
Kevin played Adam, Mike played Sean, with Kevin and Mike making it into
the
final round. They were both given the same fleets for the final round,
with
Kevin beating Mike. Special notice has to go to Hobe Rupe. Hobe had a
combined score of just over 1200 points! It wasn't that he played badly,
but that his dice rolling was atrocious. He was rolling 1s and 2s while
his
opponents rolled 5s and 6s. He ended up throwing out his entire
collection
of green six sided dice ? no one had the nerve to pick them up. Hobe is
famous for this.
***

I won't retell the story of the day Hobe pitched the same dice twice,
but
nobody from Lincoln was surprise to hear the event. ;->=

Given some gamers actions, taking out frustrations on dice is
commendable.

By the way, as the first two sets of games were actually the first
'round'
of the tourney, this makes the third year in a row that the final
champion
met, and beat, Hobe in the first round. I think he's considering asking
fee of his next first round opponent. ;->=

Well, as I have now turn around and drive my daughter a 600+ mile round
trip to deposit her in her home in mid-Missouri, have to close with many
comment left on my tongue. If I got started on Andon, I'd never get out
of
here...

Allan, Dean, Mike, Mark, KR, Schoon, et al, good to see you again!

The_Beast

Prev: Robotech style miniatures? Next: Re: [OT] 15mm Samurai (was RE: Historic/fantasy conversions for SG2?)