Prev: [FT] Comments to Ship Design Next: Re: Philcon was: [OT] Quiet

Re: Philcon was: [OT] Quiet

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 16:17:19 -0400
Subject: Re: Philcon was: [OT] Quiet

John Crimmins wrote:

> I'm planning on being there, so I can promise you at least one player.
> should warn you, though: my group ran SGII and FT at Philcon a few
years
> back, and had very few takers.  We did better with FT...we had two
players
> for our Stargrunt game.

    Honestly, I'm going more to "show the colors" than anything else.
Of
course, I'd prefer to have players, all things being equal.  What do you
think
of me running my FT Pod Racing variant?  Do you think that media-themed
games
are a better choice?  Do you think that my Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla
plus all
their lackies is a good DS2 scenario to run there?

>  If nothing else, I'd love to do some pick-up games of Full Thrust.

    Do you think pick-up games are the way to go?  I'm thinking it would
be a
better way to attract new players by actually setting up programmed
games, with
players able to pre-reg and on-site reg for the event.	What do you
think?

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

To see a World in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And Eternity in an hour.
 -William Blake

http://www.pantheism.net/

Prev: [FT] Comments to Ship Design Next: Re: Philcon was: [OT] Quiet