Prev: RE: ConQuest, who is going? Next: RE: Those darned B1's

Re: [FT] Relative damage

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 11:12:05 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Relative damage

G'day Corey,

 >Has anyone played a campaign with vector?
 >I would be interested to know how the games turned out.

We've played one fairly successful one so far. Build times were long
(literally months for SDNs) so you tended to be very careful. We saw a
fair
few recon games where you only hung round long enough to get sensor
locks
on the opponent and then bugged out. Another thing that became prevalent

amongst the sides doing well was to try and capture not destroy large
ships
(much easier to repair than build) so you saw more sniping and boarding
actions. Basically those that tried to fight as they usually do (swing
in
do lots of damage etc) paid in the long run.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: RE: ConQuest, who is going? Next: RE: Those darned B1's