Prev: Re: can am war Next: Re: [FT][FAQ] Damage Control Parties

Re: [FT][FAQ] Damage Control Parties

From: "Morgan Vening" <morgan@o...>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 02:57:04 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT][FAQ] Damage Control Parties

From:			"Steve Pugh" <steve@wickedweb.co.uk>
Organization:		Wicked Web Ltd.
To:			gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
Date sent:		Fri, 4 Aug 2000 15:37:11 +0100
Subject:		Re: [FT][FAQ] Damage Control Parties
Send reply to:		gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

> > Anyways, I went back through Full Thrust and Fleet Book 1(the two
> > books I own), after the game, and checked out the FAQ on
> >  http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3565/faq-index.html#efsb
and
> > couldn't find an answer. The FAQ says it is done once per turn, but
not
> > when in a specific turn.
>
> Turn End phase.
>
> > And just to be clear, upon reading the above FAQ, if Needle Beam
> > damage is not DCP fixable, then all DCP units listed in the first
> > threshold line are completely ablative, as no tests are made until
it is
> > already gone?
>
> Hmm, Needle beam damage is non-repairable but what about EMP missiles
from
> More Thrust? Those stars represent crew factors, not just DCPs. They
are
> also used in boarding actions. And in a campaign game the number of
crew
> lost may be an important factor.
>
>  Steve

Thanks Steve (and Brian). I should have known that it would have
been in the one book I hadn't yet picked up. I had been advised
that More Thrust, other than the fighter rules really wasn't that
necessary, regarding a limited income. It also didn't help the store
didn't have a local copy of More Thrust at the time, either. I'm
assuming there are the Boarding Action Rules, and FB1 allude to
multi-turn duration missiles, and differing fighter types. How much
new stuff is included, that isn't duplicated/overridden by FB1?

Morgan Vening

Prev: Re: can am war Next: Re: [FT][FAQ] Damage Control Parties