Prev: [FT] Web page url - FB0 Ships Next: RE: [FT] Web page url - FB0 Ships

Re: Sa'Vaksu poser from Newsgroups

From: "McCarthy, Tom" <TomMcCarthy@x...>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 09:10:53 -0400
Subject: Re: Sa'Vaksu poser from Newsgroups

Well, I've made this suggestion before and nobody liked it, but here
goes
again.

I think most of the Sa'vasku abuse could be curbed by limiting a
standard
stinger node to channeling just 16 points of power.  Allow larger
single-arc
stinger nodes to be which handle 32 or 64 points of power, but with a 16
(or
even 8) point limit on standard stinger nodes, you effectively force the
Sa'vasku designs to be close to what's in the fleet book.

No MASS 240 monstrosities with just 2 or 4 stingers, because they can't
even
channel all the power from the batteries.

No long range sniping out beyond 60 from most every ship, because it
will
take extra MASS and design considerations just to have such a node.

Really, the two main complaints I've heard are that the SV can snipe at
very
long ranges (and I've been on the receiving end of a very demoralizing
example of this) and that they have virtually no blind spot for
firepower,
since 100% of their firepower can be fired out a single stinger covering
the
aft quadrant (my gut feel suggests human ships are generally 20-30%
weaker
in FS and FP than F arc, and 60-75% weaker in the AS and AP).  I think
this
tones down those problems slightly, and I know it's a limitation I'd
rarely
encounter if I chose not to play the sniper game and / or stuck to
published
designs.

Prev: [FT] Web page url - FB0 Ships Next: RE: [FT] Web page url - FB0 Ships