Prev: (FT) Re: Nova Cannons and Wave Guns Next: (FT) Re: Nova Cannons and Wave Guns.

Re: [CON] ECC IV - March 2-4, 2001 - Call for participation

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 13:04:19 -0400
Subject: Re: [CON] ECC IV - March 2-4, 2001 - Call for participation

> >First CanAm War (Proposed Rules):
>
> Second set of questions (much like the first)
>
> What about those Canadians who have no FB1 miniatures, or limited FB1
> miniatures ?	What substitutions will be acceptable ?

  Unless we end up with the "losing the ship means losing the mini"
mode, I
imagine we can live with seeing heathen ships on the table if we have
to.
I'd like them to be painted, I'd like them to be in about the same scale
as
GZG ships if possible, and my personal preference is not to see any St*r
Tr*k ships if it can be avoided by any means other than excluding
players.
Star Wars ships (not fighters, not Death Stars) would be okay with me if
the
minis about the right size.
  Does anyone vociferously object?

  If we decide that the minis are the rewards of victory, then they
would
need to be GZG ships but I'd almost certainly adjust the squadron size
down
a bit.
Potential participants should email me ( laserlight@quixnet.net ) as to
a)
whether you'd mind risking minis (primed, not painted in any detail);
and b)
if so, how many points would you be comfortable putting on the table?
I'd
tend to think that anyone who wants to will be able to scrape up enough
for
a small squadron--you've got 7 months--but I could be wrong.  I will
encourage the admirals to arrange things (initiative etc) such that no
one
goes home empty handed, but you may not get to pick the nationality of
what
you take home.	I will also roll my dice for Indy's shots if needed....

> Will there be any "honorary" Canadians or Americans ?  Benedict
Arnolds,
as
> it were ?  I assume you want the Quebecois to count as Canadians,
regardless
> of any Separatiste or Federalist leanings ?

The Americans can attempt to subvert any Quebecois players, the
Canadians
can try to subvert any Confederates.  Depending on the victory
conditions,
we may allow the side which is short on players to impress spacehands of
the
other nationality.

Prev: (FT) Re: Nova Cannons and Wave Guns Next: (FT) Re: Nova Cannons and Wave Guns.