Prev: DS2 Multiple weapons in turret questions: Next: Phalon ShipBits

Re: NSL vs. KV strategy + tactics

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 23:24:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: NSL vs. KV strategy + tactics

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

> >Most people seem to agree that the NSL heavies can have a very tough
time
> >aginast the KV due to their low maneuver. Looks to me like this could
be at
> >least partially solved bya strategic change that enables new tactics:
The
> >NSL could 1) Rotate the broadside Class 3's to be side+rear instead
of
> >side+front OR 2) trade in a point or two of armor and/or a class 2
battery
> >to _add_ the rear arc to their broadside class 3's. If they can't
outrun or
> >out-turn the KV, then, letting them stay in the rear arc and blasting
them
> >_anyway_ makes some sense.
>
> Keep in mind that allowing rear arc shots is OPTIONAL, and even then
only
> when you've used no thrust to change velocity, so that tactic only
works if
> you've got a group that plays with that rule set.

You all must use cinematic movement - in vector, keeping facing is much
much easier, even with those slow NSL ships. Conversely, however, the
Advanced Drives of the KV & SV are even deadlier & more agile - they
really come into their own in vector movement.

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -

Prev: DS2 Multiple weapons in turret questions: Next: Phalon ShipBits