Prev: Please ignore ramblings from Mr. Han - our apologies [OT] Next: Re: [ft] Orbits in Vector

Re: [ft] Orbits in Vector

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 21:43:18 -0700
Subject: Re: [ft] Orbits in Vector

>Does anyone have a system for doing on-table planets and orbits with
>vector movement?

Here's what I use:

I place the planet on the table. Under that I have 2 cloth circles. One
is
12" dia. and the other is 24" dia.

Any ship ending its movement on the outer circle gets 1" added to the
vector in the direction of the ship-to-planet. The inner circle does the
same thing, but for 2"

If you want to simulate a stronger field, just change to numbers to your
taste.

Schoon

Prev: Please ignore ramblings from Mr. Han - our apologies [OT] Next: Re: [ft] Orbits in Vector