Prev: Re: Anti-Kra'Vak Tactics Next: Re: [ft] Orbits in Vector

Please ignore ramblings from Mr. Han - our apologies [OT]

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 00:06:26 -0400
Subject: Please ignore ramblings from Mr. Han - our apologies [OT]

Bulletin from the National Center for Canadian Sovereignty (External
Affairs
Division).

Mr. Han has been severely disciplined for his very un-neighbourly
ramblings
about a Canadian Conspiracy. He is clearly deranged. People of America,
be
not afraid. There is no such thing as a Canadian Conspiracy. Do not be
alarmed. Return to your homes. Return your Armed Forces to their
barracks
and bases. There is no cause for alarm. I repeat: There is no Canadian
Conpiracy to conquer the United States. If there were (hypothetically)
such
plans, would we entrust such vital items of National Interest, surely
secret
in nature, to such an indiscrete individual as Mr. Han? I think not.

For those of you interested in contacting Mr. Han, he has been
transfered to
an isolation posting 600 km (roughly 360 miles for our American friends)
North of Inuvik. His assignment there is indefinite in duration. It
appears
his assignment is to count the varieties of snowflakes in the Canadian
North. We suspect this will keep him from unduly alarming our (sometimes
overly "concerned") Southern neighbours and friends about the
possibilities
of insidious Canadian plots to dominate their country's intelligentsia,
entertainment industry, news industry, and computer industry.

Rest assured, Canada has NO plans to take over the United States. I'm
sure,
if you ask any of the millions of Canadians in key positions in the U.S.
economic and political machine, they will gladly explain to you their
benign
and harmless nature. Please ignore and future alarmist prattlings.
Discount
rumors of research at the world reknowned Univeristy of Toronto genomics
laboratories into "genetic manipulation", of research into Paranormal
"mind
control" at the University of Ottawa, and research into the Orbital
Optical
Cereberal Manipulator (wrongly known sometimes as the Orbital Mind
Control
Laser) as a joint venture between Nortel and the University of Waterloo.
There are no truth to these rumors.

And remember:
Canadians are your friends. Canadians can be trusted. Canadians are not
terribly patriotic - how could they be a threat?
It's too cold up here for us to be interesting. Nothing worth noticing
happens here. Seriously, don't look. You're wasting your time.
Stay at home. If a Canadian comes for a visit, think of him or her as
just a
long lost dearly-loved cousin.

Remember, YOUR interests are OUR interests.

Yours Sincerely
Thomas Barclay
Assistant Chairperson
Department of Spin Control and International Obfuscation

Thomas R. S. Barclay
Voice: (613) 722-3232 ext 349
e-mail: tomb@bitheads.com

Q:  If Brian Kernighan had joined the Royal Navy,
what position would they have given him?
A: First 'C' Lord.

Prev: Re: Anti-Kra'Vak Tactics Next: Re: [ft] Orbits in Vector