Prev: Re: Anti-Kra'Vak Tactics Next: Re: Anti-Kra'Vak Tactics

Re: Anti-Kra'Vak Tactics

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 17:00:02 -0700
Subject: Re: Anti-Kra'Vak Tactics

>I'll take this from a KV perspective.	In the game I played the other
day, I
>found that with my speed and maneuverability advantage (against NSL) I
was
>able
>to keep the range right around 18".

I'd say that under 18 MU definitely favors the K'V, 18-24 MU is about
break
even (maybe a little in favor of the beams), and 24 MU+ favors the
beams.

>I countered this by having several groups of ships come at them from
different
>angles (see below).  It allowed me to get my BDN in the rear arc of his
>SD, and
>vaporize a battlecruiser

No doubt! I'd say that the NSL would have a very difficult time with the
K'V. The lack of maneuverablilty is a killer unless very skillfully
countered.

>This is a great idea.	My opponent the other day had all of his ships
in one
>huge block; three lines of about five ships each.  It was a great
example of
>precision flying, but once I got into the back arc---pfffft!  No more
NSL
>heavies.  I've been toying with the idea of perfecting some sort of
'weave'
>tactic to prevent enemies from getting into my ships' back arcs, much
like
>navy
>fighters used in the early days of WWII for protection against Japanese
>fighters.

To a certain extent, circling the wagons works in this case, though
there's
probably a better way to do it - I just need to figure it out :-/

Schoon

Prev: Re: Anti-Kra'Vak Tactics Next: Re: Anti-Kra'Vak Tactics