Prev: RE: [OT] Twilight Armada Miniatures Next: Re: [OT] Twilight Armada Miniatures

Re: [OT] Twilight Armada Miniatures

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 08:18:51 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Twilight Armada Miniatures

***
Anyone want to comment on the quality, size and numbers of the
miniatures
in
the Twilight Armada box from Fantasy Flight Games for their Twilight
Imperium
game.
***

I'm sure you'll get a better description, but the best I can come up
with
is, think Games Master series. Like Axis and Allies, or Fortress
America,
large number of small, simple, shiny plastic, pieces, in six colors,
representing (big 'I think') mines, ships (3 kinds?), fighters, and
bases.

For my thinking, great for a strategic game, bit funky for table top. If
you're planning on painting, these will require all the tricks for soft
plastic.

I saw the pieces when first displayed at GenCon, but thought the $30 was
too high. I know I'd pick it up if I found it on deep discount, though.

I did indicate you need to take the above with several large grains of
salt, right? ;->=

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: RE: [OT] Twilight Armada Miniatures Next: Re: [OT] Twilight Armada Miniatures