Prev: Re: Can't find FB2 in my area Next: Re: GZG Website

Re: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku")

From: "Stuart Ford" <smford@e...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 21:53:54 -0500
Subject: Re: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku")

----- Original Message -----
From: <aebrain@dynamite.com.au>
To: <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2000 5:56 PM

> >>So, what I'd like to know is:  Have any of you who have more
experience
> >>with one or both of these alien fleets seen the same thing, or am
just
> >>being whiny?  And second, if I am being whiny, what sort of tactics
can
> >>you suggest for playing the Kra'vak effectively without having to
rely
> >>too much on fighters, and/or countering the advantages of the
Sa'vasku,
> >>particularly when playing Kra'vak.
>
> The SV are too powerful vs the KV. You're not being too whiny, the
play-testing
> was inadequate.
>
> I speak as one of the play-testers.
>
> All I can say is that there was a shipload of playtesting, but this
didn't
come
> out.
>
> OK, so what is the solution? Things currently being tried are:
>
> a) Spicules come from the Defensive energy allocation pile. (Good as
far
as
> it goes, but not enough)
> b) Cost of Stinger fire increased by 1 pt per die ( so at range 36" it
costs
> 4+1 = 5, at 12" it is 1+1 = 2) *OR*
> c) Range brackets for Stingers decreased to 8" or even 6" instread of
12".
So
> it costs 1 pt at 6, 2 at 12, 4 at 18 etc.

How about we just crank up the cost to balance out play.  I love the
feel
of the Sa'Vasku just they way they are... and I wouldn't mind having to
pay for them.

I bring 5 ships...  the Hu'Mans get 10 for the same cost, could be a
close
one then.

The Sa'Vasku were supposed to be an advanced race.. correct?  Their
technological strengths show this.

Stuart

Prev: Re: Can't find FB2 in my area Next: Re: GZG Website