Prev: Re: GZG at GenCon [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: FT at Origins, or lack of

Re: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku")

From: Corey Burger <burgundavia@c...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:32:25 -0700
Subject: Re: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku")

I play exclusivly vector and have found in both the games of FB2, that I
have played, that the KV die really easily. The first game I made a big
tactical error, and went after the humans, this being a three sided
game,
and the SV picked at both of us at long range. The second game I ran KV
against PH and found that again, I died, but suprisingly, my fellow KV
player did fairly well against the PH. I came charging straight at the
PH,
and learned how costly this was. The PH area effect weapon is very
deadly,
and the fact that my fellow KV player had to manuver through an asteriod
field probably helped him. Also, one other point, is that he ran four
identical Ti'Daks while I ran one Lo'Vok, one Ko'Tek's, and one Vo'bok.
So
my ideas for playing with the KV are:

1. Again, keep the optimum range
2. Spread your fleet out, so that the one PH bolt cannot hit more than
one
ship
3. Maybe running the four identical cruisers was  a good thing, but I
will
have to try this.
4. SV have no staying power, and once you start killing them, they
cannot
stick  around cause all their good weapons use biomass

What do you think?

Corey
-----
burgundavia@crosswinds.net

I think it would be superfluous in me to point out to your lordship that
this is a war
	Charles Francis Adams

Prev: Re: GZG at GenCon [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: FT at Origins, or lack of