Prev: Re:Salvo Missile Varients Next: Re: [FT] New spaceship pictures.

Re: [FT] New spaceship pictures.

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 21:20:59 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] New spaceship pictures.

At 10:56 AM 7/14/00 -0500, you wrote:
>From the site:
>***
>It's a sevicable paint scheme, but every time that I look at these
ships I
>swear that someday I will go back and add details to them. Just don't
hold
>your breath.
>***
>
>Well, if it REALLY offends you, I could always take this ships off your
>hands... ;->=

It ain't that bad!  What does kinda annoy me is that I have about 50
Tyranid ships painted (including some 28mm plastic warrior guns and some
Alternative Armies backpacks that have been pressed into service), and
only
three of them are larger than a destroyer.  The Hiveships might, if
you're
feeling charitible, be classified as heavy cruisers...but it's a
stretch.
Still, lots and lots of little ships can be quite effective.

>***
>Another RAFM Traveller miniature. This one is supposed to be a
passenger
>liner, I believe.
>***
>
>In Traveller, refered to as a Subsidised Merchant, or Fat Trader. Fine
>liner, if you wish.

Thanks -- I've added that in.

>Ground Zero Games, a cargo ship. I scanned it at an angle; it was an
>experiment, but it seems to have been at least partially successful.
>***
>
>Actually, I think VERY effective; The aft being out of focus give depth
>my eyes.

After getting to see it on a decent monitor -- the laptop screen is not
the
best -- I agree.  So I did a lot more pictures in the same style....
One
of them, an NSL battlecruiser, came out remarkably well.

>MORE MORE MORE
>
>A friend painted some of the FF ships to put with his NSL fleet. I was
>skeptical, but glad I end up buying the lot, both GZG and FF, thank you
>very much. ;->=

Good to see that I wasn't the only one with that idea!	I've got
pictures
posted now, on the fourth and last page of photos, along with my FSE,
Sa'Vasku, and some other NSL ships.

I also revised the first two pages, adding several pictures to each one.
The first page has a ship that needs to be identified, if anyone can
help....

http://www.geocities.com/johnxcrim/GalleryShip.html

And the GZG pictures are on

http://www.geocities.com/johnxcrim/GalleryShip3.html

and

http://www.geocities.com/johnxcrim/GalleryShip4.html

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re:Salvo Missile Varients Next: Re: [FT] New spaceship pictures.