Prev: Salvo Missile Varients Next: Re: [FT] New spaceship pictures.

Re:Salvo Missile Varients

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 15:28:23 -0700
Subject: Re:Salvo Missile Varients

At 10:59 PM +0100 7/15/00, Charles Stanley Taylor wrote:
>Well, after inventing rather too many new Sa'Vasku pod launcher
>munitions - I've got a few ideas for alternative salvo missile types -
>some of these are more question than suggestions - as I've come up with
>a basic idea, but can't think of a good way to implement it!

How about adding one or two 'special' missiles, ecm, remote sensors,
maybe a needle beamer, or some sort of penetration aid [is there
something else we can call these ?] a la Honor Harrington ?

Hmm, penaids....

<proposal>
Replace two missiles in a salvo with ECM drones. Every PDS engaging
that salvo suffer a -1 penalty to their die roll. Roll for the number
of missiles that hit normally, except that any quantity of missile
hits greater than 4 is reduced to 4 hits.  Replacing two regular
missiles with penaids costs 5 points.
</proposal>

This could be changed to -1 per penaid in the salvo, but that would
be a bit much. Or, -1 per two penaids would be good, it'd give a
better chance of getting at least a few hits on a well protected
target. I'm also not 100% sure about the points cost, but Oerjan will
probbaly set me straight.

<side note to Brendan>
You may want to consider these for the HH rules.
</side note to Brendan>
--

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.

Prev: Salvo Missile Varients Next: Re: [FT] New spaceship pictures.