Prev: Re: [OT] Sa'Vasku specials Next: Fighter Morale

Re: FT Tactics

From: Brian Bell <bkb@b...>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 07:39:54 -0400
Subject: Re: FT Tactics

At 17:52 2000-07-12 -0700, you wrote:

>	  What do you folks think of as good tactics for FT?  We are
playing
>with FB1 human ships and very similar custom designs.
>
>	  The two-three battles that I have seen both had both sides
heading
>straight for each other with a little bit of manuevering after the
first
>pass.	That usually decided the battle.  It seems hard to manage
>anything
>else with the way that weapons tend to focus towards the forward arc,
>especially using Cinematic.
>
>	  Do all FT battles tend to end up in the 'Circle of Death'?
>
>	  Has anybody used ships with more broadside type arcs?  It
seems
>like they would be effective as long as you were using the rolling
rule.
>You could then just use wet-navy BB tactics.
>
>Thanks!
>Joe

Yes. Most of the cinematic games that I have played ended up in a Spiral
of
Death. Try vector movement. In the vector games I have played it seems
follow a pattern of passes at each other, either side-swipes or
blow-throughs. Still a patern, but a different patern.
---
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/
ICQ: 12848051
AIM: Rlyehable
---

Prev: Re: [OT] Sa'Vasku specials Next: Fighter Morale