Prev: RE: GZG at GenCon [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Battle Report

Re: Questions about DS2

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 14:52:00 PDT
Subject: Re: Questions about DS2

Andrew Martin wrote:

>Roger Rexroad:
>what
>happens if an attack equals its armor a second time?
>
>Andrew:
> > >The element remains damaged. Essentially no change.
>
>Brian:
> > Ummm... I was under the impression that an element that is damaged
is
>destroyed if it receives a second "Damaged" result"
>
>Hmmm, I can't find a reference, in DS2, to support either my view or
your
>view.

I'll be... you're right.  I double checked, and no reference.  But I
could
have sworn tht's what it said.	Maybe we'll need a rules clarification
on
this one.

In case we don't, and/or in the meantime,  I personally prefer the
"Second
damaged = destroyed" rule.  The "No further effect" seems a little
lenient.
However, some people may find my preference too harsh.	I came up with a
few
optional house rules.  All of them are a little complicated, but they do

offer alternatives to either twice damaged = destroyed OR no further
effect.
  Here they are:

1.  Each additional time a vehicle is damaged, reduce it's armor ratings
by
1. Thus, a vehicle damaged twice would lose 1 armor level, three times 2

armor levels, etc.  This means the additional Damaged result has no
IMMEDIATE consequences, but increases the vehicle's chances of being
destroyed in the future.

2.  A vehicle is destroyed when the number of Damaged results it has
received exceepds it's size class (This makes larger vehicles inherently

more robust than smaller, which seems logical).  Thus, 2 Damaged results

would destroy a class 1 vehicle, 3 a class2, etc.

3.  Any time a vehicle which is already damaged receives a further
DAMAGED
result, draw 1 extra chit.  If this chit is a 1 or greater and of a
valid
color for the firing weapon, the vehicle is destroyed.	Re-draw any
special
chits.

4.  If a damaged vehicle receives a further Damaged result, roll a die.
if
the result exceeds the vehicle's armor level, the Vehicle is destroyed.

(Note:	There are two options for the die type here.  The first is to
use
the same die each time.  I would recommend a D6.  The second option
requires
keeping track of the number of times the vehicle is damaged.  The second

time it's damaged, roll a D4.  Then a D6, etc.)

These are some suggestions. Personally, I prefer the "Second Damaged =
Dead"
approach, but of the options I have presented, I prefer #2.  Again, this
is
just a matter of personal taste.  All of them have bonuses and
drawbacks.

Brian Bilderback

Prev: RE: GZG at GenCon [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Battle Report