Prev: Re: GenCon UK Next: Re: NIFT PBeMs: Skunkworks Trials

NIFT PBeMs: Skunkworks Trials

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 17:02:28 -0400
Subject: NIFT PBeMs: Skunkworks Trials

FT'ers,

This is a call for players for a series of PBeM games. The NI in NIFT
can
stand for New Israel, or Noam Izenberg, or Nearly Insane, or Not
Interesting, whichever. The FT stands for...  I'll be starting slow (one
scenario, two sides, 2-4 players) but, depending on time, may be able to
run
a couple at a time. I'm shooting for starting towards the end of July.
Which
scenario depends on who wants to play what.

The first I'm going to try are straightforward "Gladiator" wargames
conducted by the Midbar Skunkworks. If those interested would e-mail me
offline with their top two or three choices for a scenario, the first
one
I'll run will be the most popular by vote, and the first 2-4 people to
vote
for that scenario as their number 1 or 2 choice will be the players.
Anyone
who wants can lurk.

Stealth Trial II: New Israel Stealth Fleet vs. "Conventional" FB1-style
fleet (1500 pts/side)
Wargame I: 1000pts/side Sp. Rules: Raking Fire, Spread, Focused Fire
Wargame II: 1000pts/side Sp. Rules: Redlined Engines, Evasive Maneuvers,
Afterburners, Corkscrew, Grav Backfire
Wargame III: 1000pts/side Sp. Rules: Shroedinger's Hammer Overdrive vs.
Conventional Fleet
Wargame IV: 1500pts/side, Carrier Battle Sp. Rules: LRDFC, Super Stealth
Fighter, Feints, Starburst Attacks
Wargame V: 1000pts/side Sp. Rules: ME Shield fleet vs. Damage Shield
fleet
Wargame VI: 1000pts/side Sp. Rules: Nannite Missiles, Meson Flechette,
Weak
Arcs, Heavy Needle Beam
Wargame VII: 1000pts/side Sp. Rules: The Karma Wheel

Special Rules are all listed at the Midbar Skunkworks
http://members.xoom.com/gzg_l/ni/Skunkworks.htm

New Israel Stealth ships are with the rest of the NI fleet:
http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/gzg_l/ni/NShips.htm

Tentative setup for all games
Cinematic Movement
Fleets set up on left and right sides of a 60"x60" box of open space
Start speeds up to 3xThrust.
Start facing: any left side may start facing clock faces 1-5, right side
may
face 7-11
Turn order will be modified - emulating the Cygnus BYOF sequence which I
think works well for PBeMs:
Modified Turn Sequence:
		      1.Write Orders.
		      2.PDS Fire.
		      3.Fighter Fire.
		      4.Missile Fire (not launches).
		      5.Ship to Ship Attacks.
		      6.Damage Control.
		      7.Scanning.
		      8.Fighter/Missile Launches.
		      9.Movement of Units (Ships, Fighters, Missiles,
etc.)

Tentative special rules for all games:
Simple Simon Sensors
Floating Field
Special Disengagement: Ships that have lost Main Drive, all firecons, or
all
weapons may declare disengagement at the end of a turn. They may not be
fired on any longer, nor may they rejoin combat if they repair enough
systems to do so. They count as "crippled" for the victory conditions,
and
must make best speed away from the center of conflict.

Please E-mail me if you're interested (and please put NIFT somewhere in
the
subject line). Feel free to comment on rules, setup, etc.; These games
are
all basically play tests, so glaring balance problems are best dealt
with
before anyone has a cakewalk or a faceplant.

Noam

Prev: Re: GenCon UK Next: Re: NIFT PBeMs: Skunkworks Trials