Prev: Re: Dirtside vs. Stargrunt? Next: Re: Dirtside vs. Stargrunt?

Re: DS2 and SG2: Flora and fauna

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 10:34:11 -0500
Subject: Re: DS2 and SG2: Flora and fauna

Long ago and far away, an idea I had for a 40K deathworld included a
preditory that moved incredibly slow, adamantine-chitinous  carapace,
and
PA-shreding mouthparts, sort of like the slug creatures from Enemy Mine.
Basically, they moved slow enough that they were easy to avoid, but made
hunkering down and ambushing difficult.

I envisioned a squad deploying in a brush area, trying to figure which
would arrive first: the enemy to shoot up, or the invulnerable slugs.

Damn, the old 40K could inspire some weird set ups...

I still have the bag of plastic milk jug holes that was going to
represent
them. Course, they never got painted, and everybody that heard the idea
looked at them as the formless masses they are. ;->=

Somewhere between your 1 and 4, methinks.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: Re: Dirtside vs. Stargrunt? Next: Re: Dirtside vs. Stargrunt?