Prev: RE: Movie Review: Titan A.E. Next: Re: OT\DS2- Is this the world's most hideous AFV camouflage (Indian BMP-2)

going OT somewhat... (Re: S:AAB USS Saratoga specs)

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 07:46:31 -0400
Subject: going OT somewhat... (Re: S:AAB USS Saratoga specs)

Charles Stanley Taylor wrote:

> In message <v03130301b587e9d0e79e@[194.176.206.220]>
>	    Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> wrote:
>
> [snip]
> >
> > B5 did it reasonably well given that it was TV (ie: scientifically
it was
> > better than nothing....) - the EA ships didn't have anything apart
from
> > spin habitats until the White Star with its Minbari tech. One of the
TV
> > movies (IIRC, "In the Beginning") has a couple of nice zero-G scenes
on the
> > bridge of Sheridan's old Hyperion class. I don't THINK the Narn
ships have
> > AG either, at least you always see the crew strapped in.....
>
> Hmm.. but then the Centauri ships appear to have their decks parallel
> the main engine thrust vector ("wet navy" style) (based on 'window
> light' lines and scenes with Londo looking out the window) - but IIRC
> JMS claimed they did _not_ have artificial gravity... Hmmm....

I believe the Centauri did have artificial grav. Just that their
tech level wasn't as far as the Minbari

> Narns OTOH fasten seatbelt before leaving orbit? - but their War
> Cruisers appear to have a crew of 3 :-)

You only ever saw 3 crew. That doesn't in any way mean there
weren't more. It just wasn't important to the story that he
show more.

> White Stars have WN decks - but have ArtiGrav - can probably land as
> well.

Ought to be able to, given their grav drive propulsion systems. THey
are, at the very least, atmosphere capable.

Mk

Prev: RE: Movie Review: Titan A.E. Next: Re: OT\DS2- Is this the world's most hideous AFV camouflage (Indian BMP-2)