Prev: Re: S:AAB USS Saratoga specs Next: Re: GZG in Knights of the Dinner Table

Re: Hanger Bay question

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 06:48:46 +0200
Subject: Re: Hanger Bay question

John Leary wrote:

>>Thus, while you could house fighters in a small
>>craft bay, it would take 6 turns to launch an entire squadron.
>XXX
>     This seems excessive, as the bay is larger
>(read less cluttered) than the standard bay and
>the turns are roughly 15 miniutes.

IF you use the 15 minute turn scale rather than the 7.5 minute/1000
km-per-mu or 2.5 minute/100 km-per-mu scales, yes (or the ~30 second/a
couple of km-per-mu EFSB scale <G>). The FT scale is by no means
fixed..

>     The additional turns in the arming and lauching
>are almost a moot point as I have never seen
>a fighter Sq. recovered, re-armed, and launched again
>in the course of a normal game.   I would consider
>this to be a rare occurance.

I suspect this'll become somewhat more common with the explicit rules
on fighter rearming and reorganisation in FB2.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: S:AAB USS Saratoga specs Next: Re: GZG in Knights of the Dinner Table