Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Pre-Loaded Fighters Next: "interesting"? (Re: Glen's designs)

Re: Sa'Vasku Pre-Loaded Fighters

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 10:49:49 -0700
Subject: Re: Sa'Vasku Pre-Loaded Fighters

>> For pre-loaded drone launcher nodes, I would not
>> allow that bio-mass to be
>> reabsorbed.
>XXX
>     There is no way to prevent the fighters from
>being absorbed!   They are 'S' fighters and
>can be absorbed, this is plainly stated in the
>rules.   It is not a wise idea to start making
>exceptions, it opens the road to abuse of the
>game, it is difficult to enforce, it violates
>the 'KISS' rule, it is inconsistent.

Sure there is. Absorbing the fighters would make the ship's MASS greater
than the design MASS.

THAT is much more a violation of KISS than not allowing the ship to
reabsorb the fighters. The ship is "size-x" and though it can hold
fighters
in its wombs, it cannot spontaneously grow more MASS any than you or I
could spontaneously grow 20" biceps.

Schoon

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Pre-Loaded Fighters Next: "interesting"? (Re: Glen's designs)